Mariners 2018 mid-season trade block
Come and get it before the trade deadline...
- C Rob Brantly - Great back-up catching option for me, but he's starting to turn sour at the idea of being a back-up to our team captain Jason Castro.
- C Mark Fleury - Another above average catching option, currently blocked in AAA. Above average eye and gap power, probably should be on a big league club.
- 1B/C Javier Martinez - Probably more suited as a DH, but can play 1B or C if you need him to. Has the ratings, but hasn't had the opportunity in the big leagues just yet. If no one comes and gets him, he's likely my starting DH in 2019.
- 1B/LF Mickey Wiswall - Crushing AAA pitching this year, with above average contact and power.
- SS Hsin-ta Xin - Average offensive bat, but plus defense (above average range, arm, turn DP, and avoid error attributes) for a utility guy who can play any infield position. Above average speed on the base path as well.
- OF Aaron Hicks - Fantastic defensive OF, including a career +18.9 zone rating in CF. Can play all 3 positions, probably an ideal 4th OF type and maybe a starter at CF.
- OF Xavier Macklin - More of a corner OF, but can play CF as well (50 rating there). 80 grade outfield error rating, and 70 outfield arm, plus some above average offensive ratings make this guy worthy of an inquiry. Minimum contract too.
- OF Phillips Castillo - Young, cost-controlled corner OF who is blocked at the major league level. Hit well at every level, but never really been given the opportunity at the big league level.
- SP Ryan Bollinger - Recently signed SP, throwing darts in AAA. 4 ERs in 5 starts in Tacoma (33.2 IP) make this guy an interesting lefty option for both a rotation or bullpen spot.
- RP Antonio Bastardo - Basically a LOOGY, but it's terrible against righties. Willing to cover some salary if need be. Plus, his name is Bastardo!
Lots of other players are potentially available. Likely looking for simply prospects in return, and maybe not even good ones at that! Inquire within!