November 30, 2020
The Rule 5 Draft is currently being schedule for in-game on Monday, December 21. The draft will be conducted live, on Slack at a time TBD (likely 4:45/5 PM PST). For those who will not be able to attend, you will be able to submit a list/instructions prior to the live portion of the draft.
No players may be protected on that final day (ie w/ your exports from Sunday night until that Monday of the draft), if you want to protect a player, they need to be on the 40-man roster before that Sunday. If a player is added to the 40-man roster w/ that export, but they are selected during the live portion of the draft, the player will be traded WITHOUT RULE 5 LIMITATIONS to the new team.
To simplify who is and is not eligible for the draft, we will return to the following simplified rules:
- If a player is listed as eligible and…
- They are at least 22 year of age or older. Anyone under 22 years of age on draft day is not eligible.
- They were not recently signed as a FA and have yet to be added to the 40-man roster, this should be obvious for all to spot.
- A player was recently traded and have not been added to a 40-man roster at the last minute.
- If there are ANY questions about your players or a player on draft day about being eligible, just ask.
OOTP does not automatically institute the $50,000 fee that comes with selecting a player. After the draft, in the days following the draft, the financials will be added up and distributed.
Drafting a player will cost $50,000.
A team will earn $50,000 in cash for each player lost in the draft.