The following dates are now in-place for key off-season events. They are subject to change if need be, but for now will be what we go with:
- The trade freeze will be lifted following the sim on Wednesday, November 9.
- The coach hiring freeze will be lifted following the sim on Friday, November 11.
- Award voting (which can be found here) is due by noon PST on Tuesday, November 15. We will have an Awards Show in Slack that evening.
- Arbitration and Qualifying Offers will be set to run in-game on Thursday, November 17.
- Free-Agency begins on Monday, November 21st.
- WDL Rosters are due on Tuesday, December 6th.**
- The Winter Meetings (Location TBD) will take place in-game Monday, December 12th – Thursday, December 15th.
- The Rule 5 Draft is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, December 17.
- Spring Training will begin mid to late February.
- Opening Day 2023 will take place on Thursday, March 30, 2023.
WDL: I have yet to determine the roster format on this. I am going to give it some thought over the next few days. On the one hand, the division teams are tried and true — not to mention require no logo/uniform changes. On the other hand, changing it up to “randomized/AFL” type affiliations can HOPEFULLY guarantee an active manager in charge of evening out lineups and playing time, whereas the original method can at times lead to a division or two going without the proper attention for the entirety of the WDL.